OptoLink Single Fibre Handling instructions
Follow these instructions carefully to ensure correct installation and connection of your OptoLink Single Fibre connector.
Installing the BCR on your equipment
Remember to leave the dust cap on while installing the BCR.
- Ensure that the sealing surface of the BCR is completely clean, then apply a thin layer of Molykote 111 on the O-ring
- Insert the O-ring in the O-ring groove
- Clean the sealing surface of the equipment onto which the BCR will be installed
- Grease BCR thread. For metallic BCR types - use Houghton AquaShield. For PEEK BCRs - use Loctite® 5910
- Install the BCR on the equipment
Bulkhead Connectors - Tightening force
Connecting the BCR to an OptoLink CCP
- Remove the dust cap from the CCP
- Ensure that the internal sealing surface of the CCP is completely clean
- Remove the dust cap from the BCR
- Ensure that the sealing surface of the BCR is completely clean
- Apply a thin layer of Molykote 111 on the O-ring
- Fit the CCP onto the BCR. Ensure that the guide pin on the BCR enters the groove in the CCP
The BCR and CCP should be aligned when connecting. Do not attempt to connect at an angle (see illustration below).
- Place the CCP locking sleeve on to the BCR and turn two times
- Fully insert the CCP in to the BCR, then tighten the CCP locking sleeve to complete the connection
Recommended oil for pressure balanced systems
- MacArtney recommend DC-200/350 or PMX-200/350 in oil compensated systems