Electrical Slip Ring Model 176
The Model 176 is comprised of electrical power and signal passes, and provides superior performance and reliability in demanding operational environments. The Model 176 may be used for high voltage and high current applications, customized to meet customer specific needs. The slip ring is waterproof rated to IP66, with the option for greater ingress protection.
The Model 176 may be constructed for subsea use where underwater operation is required. The slip ring may be fluid-filled, and pressure compensated. Additional options are available for high voltage use in submerged applications.
For the hazardous locations, the Model 176-X variant is fully certified, as a flameproof and explosion proof enclosure.
- Electrical passes rated up to 7200 V / 20 A
- Pigtail exits are capable of being sealed
- Sealed housing design tested to IP66 standards
- Can accommodate a variety of wire and cable types
- Maintained type certification for Hazardous locations
- Stainless steel construction
- Rugged design intended for harsh environments
- Reliable operation under shock and vibration
- Underwater designs available
- Compliance with the highest quality standards for design, manufacture and test
- Maintenance free operation
- More than 30 years of proven field performance
- Integration with fiber optic rotary joints and fluid rotary unions to provide a complete rotating interface solution
- Winch cable reels and TMS applications
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Seismic survey
- Towed instrument arrays
- Oceanographic survey (surface and subsea)
- Mine countermeasures