TrustLink API FITA
The TrustLink API FITA is a unique subsea connectivity system that assembles a harness cable or array of harness cables to a single cable, typically linking critical subsea control systems to an umbilical. Unlike other termination assemblies, the FITA can be assembled on site without the need for moulding.
Certified API compliance
This TrustLink API FITA version is designed and tested for compliance with relevant API standards for use in critical and strictly regulated subsea environments.
Booting technology is efficient and convenient
MacArtney booting technology makes the TrustLink API FITA entirely watertight at every level. Designed to be handled in the field, the FITA termination process can be performed by trained operators on board a vessel or platform, making it possible to repair broken cables without experiencing lengthy down time caused by the need for onshore repair. Furthermore, FITA terminations can be re-used without the need for cleaning.
Works fully flooded
TrustLink API FITA terminations are oil compensated and maintain the same pressure inside the termination as outside. This allows them to operate at high ocean depth without the need for thick, heavy housing. Though oil filled, should water ingress the termination it can still continue to operate fully flooded in salt water for 4-6 months.
Features and benefits
- Designed and tested to API standard compliance
- Eliminates the need for chemicals or moulding
- Custom designed to suit exact customer requirements
- All FITA parts can be re-used when terminating
- Operates even when fully flooded
- On site termination course
- Suitable for use with glands, connectors or
- Ideal for electric and fibre optic connections
- Long lifetime
- Suited for use at high ocean depth
- Can be used with most cable types
- Housing slides away for easy access, maintenance,
service and repair
- Subsea completion systems
- Subsea control systems
- Blow out preventer (BOP) systems
- Pigtail assembly from ROV to umbilical
- On-site cable repair
- Connectivity, signal and power supply for
subsea installations, systems and equipment
- Leak sensor with alarm
- Integration to existing customer oil
- Certifiable to relevant standards (including API 16D)
- Integrated stress termination