Electrical Slip Ring Model 180 with FORJ
The Model 180 is comprised of electrical power and signal passes, and provides superior performance and reliability in demanding operational environments. The Model 180 may be constructed for subsea use where underwater operation is required. The slip ring may be fluid-filled, and pressure compensated unit. For the hazardous locations, the Model 180-X variant is fully certified, as a flameproof and explosion proof enclosure.
The electrical slip ring (ESR) is comprised of electrical power and signal passes. Highly configurable, it is customized to meet customer specific needs, providing superior performance and reliability in demanding operating environments. For hazardous area environments there is an option for a fully certified, flameproof enclosure.
The fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ) can be configured with many of Moog Focal’s single-channel or multi-channel, singlemode or multimode fiber joints. Our FORJs are capable of working with all fiber types, sizes and wavelengths, and meet insertion loss performance typical of customer requirements.
- Standard electrical passes rated up to 1000 V / 7 A
- 1500 V passes optional
- Can accommodate a variety of wire and cable types
- Maintained type certification for Hazardous locations
- Rugged design intended for harsh environments
- Reliable operation under shock and vibration
- Underwater designs available
- Combined with Fluid Rotary Unions (FRU), see Model 200
- Compliance with the highest quality standards for design, manufacture and test
- Maintenance free operation
- More than 20 years of proven field performance
- Integration with FORJ and FRU to provide a complete rotating interface solution
- Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs)
- Winch and TMS applications
- Industrial machinery
- Seismic surveying