Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 285(sm) / 286(mm)
The FO285 (single-channel singlemode) and the FO286 (single-channel multimode) are passive and bidirectional, and allow the transfer of optical signals across rotational interfaces. Both models also offer other benefits of fiber optics, including low spark hazard.
With a body diameter of only 9.5 mm and lengths of 26 mm and 19 mm for the FO285 and FO286 respectively, both units are ideally suited to applications where size and weight are critical issues.
Both models can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, providing a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
- Provides rotary coupling for a multimode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Stainless steel, aluminum or anodized aluminum housing
- Ruggedized design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40 g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Long life
- Unmanned ground vehicles
- Surveillance systems
- Industrial automation
- Unmanned aerial vehicles and sub-systems