Local sales contact
Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 285(sm) / 286(mm)
Lightweight and compact, the low-cost singlemode Model 285 and multimode Model 286 single-pass models provide highperformance and high speed capability to meet the demand for FORJs used in smaller electrical slip rings or installations where space is limited.
The FO285 (single-pass singlemode) and the FO286 (single-pass multimode) are passive and bidirectional, and allow the transfer of optical signals across rotational interfaces.
With a body diameter of only 9.5 mm and lengths of 26 mm and 19 mm for the FO285 and FO286 respectively, both units are ideally suited to applications where size and weight are critical issues. An extremely cost effective solution for high data rate signals, both models also offer other benefits of fiber optics, including low spark hazard and immunity to electromagnetic interference.
Both models can be combined with our electrical and fluid slip rings, and with our entire line of video and data multiplexers to provide a complete solution.
- Provides rotary coupling for a multimode or singlemode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Low cost, small size
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Stainless steel or aluminum construction
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810F functional shock (40 g)omplete solution.
- Unmanned ground vehicles
- EOD robots
- Surveillance systems
- Industrial automation
- Unmanned aerial vehicles and sub-systems