Rolling Seal 8 Optical Connector (RS8)
Introduced in 1995, over 11,000 Rolling Seal connectors are in service across the globe. With a Mean-Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 7.3x10^7 hours, the 25-year reliability for the RS8 is over 99.7%.
Mark III Performance Enhancements
- GAF/ELI ensures mating efficiency and eliminates potential for shell damage while offering positive latch indication.
- Bulkhead center actuator material change offers increased margin against deformation, for overall field reliability.
- Bulkhead main spring force increase assures manifold return even when mated at excessive angles.
- Bulkhead bushing now reinforced and more robust for ROV handling.
- Longer, contoured cable end lead-in bushing enhances fine alignment of connector halves during the mating sequence
- Optical subsea connector
- Fully qualified
- 10K psi Ambient
- ROV, Stab Mate and Manual Mate configurations