Local sales contact
SubConn polyurethane cables
All SubConn® connectors and penetrators can be supplied with dedicated underwater cables of various types and lead configurations. As standard, the majority of SubConn® connectors is supplied with chloroprene rubber cables, while the Ethernet and Coax series, among others, feature polyurethane (PUR) cables as standard.
All SubConn® connector products can also be delivered with special PUR type cables that are specifically designed, manufactured and tested for use with SubConn® connectors.
SubConn holds the entire range of rugged, special PUR cables in stock including several different power and signal lead combinations and dimensions.
When procured in conjunction with SubConn® connectors or penetrators, this broad range of special cable options allows the customer to assemble the optimal underwater connectivity solution for any task or application.
Furthermore, SubConn is among the few companies within the industry mastering the advanced technique of moulding rubber connectors to PUR cables, hereby allowing customers to obtain even more flexible, efficient and rugged connectivity solutions.
- Nominal static cable bending radius
= 10 x cable OD
- Nominal dynamic cable bending radius
= 15 x cable OD
- All special polyurethane (PUR) cable specifications can be found online at www.macartney.com
- All cable assemblies are measured from rubber connector face to rubber connector face
- Our standard cable assembly tolerances
▪ +/- 1,5” (38,1 mm) <3 m length and + - 3% ˃3 m
▪ Lower tolerances need approval from the production
▪ Min. assembly length 8" (203 mm)
- Maximum wire size for micro contacts is 18 AWG
- Maximum 2 screens or conductors can be terminated per contact