The 924-HDE is a high speed fiber-optic multiplexer supporting multiple uncompressed HD video channels, multiple serial data channels, and a single Gigabit Ethernet port. Using Focal’s expertise in Time Division Multiplexing (TDM), a high speed optical transceiver and a high speed Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) has allowed the 924-HDE to be compact, rugged and low power. In comparison to a multiple media converter solution the 924-HDE is smaller, lighter, lower power, and lower cost. The 924-HDE compares even more favorably when a single fiber solution is needed (i.e. fiber optic rotary joint). A single 924-HDE can replace as many as three HD Video converters, four serial data converters and one Gigabit Ethernet converter.
By using high speed optics and a high speed FPGA the 924-HDE does not use video compression. The latency of the video is less than 20 micro-seconds, comparable to media converters. Jitter, another key parameter of video transmission, is also extremely low.
The 924-HDE is the first product in the 924 series. Modifications, such as form factor, connector type and placement are possible for specific applications.
- Three 3G/HD/SD-SDI video channels, auto detect video mode
- Four RS-422 serial data channels
- One Gigabit Ethernet port
- Rugged design for harsh environments
- On-board diagnostics, option
- Optional Built-in Self-Test (BIST)
- Field updateable firmware
- Reduces size, weight, power consumption and cost (SWaP-C)
- Replaces eight media converters
- Simplifies troubleshooting with advanced diagnostics
- Supports a wide range of optics, including CWDM wave-lengths
- Un-compressed, real time video
- Ground combat vehicles
- Security systems
- Airborne, land based and naval EO Pods
- Marine survey ROVs with multiple HD cameras