CEMAC Linear Cable Engines
Delivering challenging subsea solutions from concept to completion, MacArtney specialises in the design and manufacturing of offshore cable handling systems for the renewable energy industry, in particular the offshore wind sector.
The CEMAC linear cable engines (LCEs) represent MacArtney’s leading-edge offshore cable handling equipment. These LCEs belong to the product line, which incorporates both cable carousels, track tensioners and power quadrants. Being electrically driven, the CEMAC offshore LCEs are robust and energy-efficient systems that safely control the installation and recovery of offshore power and telecom cables.
The engines feature durability, high performance and easy integrability. Available in standard and custom configurations, they are easily combined with cable carousels, track tensioners, power quadrants, spooling arms, etc.
The CEMAC design represents compact and modular systems being easily mobilised and cost-effective in terms of transport. All main components are standardised, which facilitates adaptation and upgrading to the required performance and capacity.
The MacArtney LCEs are fully synchronisable with all MacArtney CEMAC offshore cable handling equipment. The LCEs are also compliant with third-party equipment. This enables integration into existing and rental cable equipment lay-lines.
The CEMAC linear cable engines are available with a remote diagnostics tool which enables MacArtney technicians to remotely monitor and supervise in real time. By eliminating unnecessary offshore engineering support, this unique feature generates substantial cost-savings to owners and operators.
The CEMAC linear cable engines come in 1-, 2-, and 3-pair versions and are available for combined operation.
Features and benefits
- Compact and modular design
- Standardised and exchangeable components
- Designed for easy integration
- Optimised efficiency and decreased necessary deck capacity
- All structural components in painted carbon steel
- Integrated control system
- Electrically/hydraulically driven
- Long and proven track record
- Low noise operation
- Fully integrated with vessel control system
- Top-loaded versions
- Wide-opening versions
- Remote diagnostics tool
- Service and maintenance programme
- Spare parts package
- Remote control
- Wireless remote control
- Pinch status
- Extra high speed 6,000 m/hour
- Complete control system monitoring
- Complete control system data log
- Tarpaulin cover
- CE marking
- Certification according to DNVGL-ST-0378 (2.22), DNVGL-E2.7-3, and ILO 152