Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 190
This multi-pass, multimode model has an excellent service track record. The Model 190 can accommodate a variety of fiber types and wavelengths in one unit and its modular design makes it easy to customize for any application.
The FO190 is a multipass fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ) for 2 to 21 multimode fibers. It is passive and bidirectional and allows the transfer of data, video and other signals on separate fibers across rotational interfaces.
The FO190 can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, giving a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
Other options include fluid-filling for pressure compensation permitting operation at any ocean depth, and the combination of the FO242 to include up to 6 singlemode passes.
- 2 to 21 multimode channels
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Can be combined with our electrical slips, fluid unions and the FO242 singlemode fiber optic rotary joint
- Alternative drive coupling arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Tested to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa) when fluid-filled
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replacement
- Rugged design ◦ - MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810E functional shock (40 g)
- MIL-STD-901D heavy shock (65 g)