Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 190
The Model 190 is a multipass fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ) for 2 to 17 multimode fibers. It is passive and bidirectional and allows the transfer of data, video and other signals on separate fibers across rotational interfaces.
The FO190 can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, giving a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
Other options include fluid-filling for pressure compensation permitting operation at any ocean depth, and the combination of the Model 190 to include up to 5 singlemode passes.
- 2 to 9 singlemode channels
- Lightweight aluminum construction
- Can be combined with our electrical slips, fluid unions and the model 242 singlemode fiber optic rotary joint
- Alternative drive coupling arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Tested to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa) when fluid-filled
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replacement
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40 g)
- MIL-S-901D heavy shock (65 g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Long life
- Winches and cable reels for ROV’s
- Remote I / O in industrial machinery
- Towed arrays and dipping sonar
- Material handling systems
- Surveillance systems