Fibre Optic Rotary Joint 197S
The FO197S is a sealed single-channel multimode fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ) which is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of analog or digital optical signals across rotational interfaces. The FO197S is specially designed for durable, corrosion free use when exposed to harsh outdoor environments.
The FO197S FORJ is constructed of all 316 stainless steel components and is environmentally sealed to an ingress protection rating of IP67. It can be combined with our electrical and/or fluid slip rings, providing a single, complete package for optical signals, electrical power, and fluid transfer over a rotating interface.
The FORJ can be assembled with pigtail lengths tailored to the customer’s application or installed with connector bushings (ST or FC). Housing, mounting flange and drive features can also be customized to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Bulkhead connector and Pigtailed versions available
- Low optical insertion loss options for common sensor wavelengths
- High return loss (i.e. low back reflection) available
- Can be combined with Moog electrical slip rings and fluid unions
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Ruggedized design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40 g)
- Environmentally sealed design allows for long-life in rugged installations and reduces maintenance costs
- Low back reflection and insertion losses allow for FORJ integration with very sensitive optical sensor measurements systems
- Wind Energy
- Remote I/O in industrial machinery
- Video surveillance systems
- Material handling systems
- Sensor platforms
- Indexing tables
- Cable reels