Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 197
The FO197 is a single-channel, multimode fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ). It is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of any type of optical signal across rotational interfaces.
The FO197 fiber optic rotary joint can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, providing a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
The FORJ can be assembled with pigtail lengths tailored to the customer’s application or installed with connector bushings (ST or FC). Housing, mounting flange and drive features can also be customized to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Provides rotary coupling for a multimode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replace-ment
- Stainless steel, aluminum or anodized aluminum housing
- Ruggedized design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40 g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Long life
- Remote I/O in industrial machinery
- Video surveillance systems
- Material handling systems
- Sensor platforms
- Indexing tables
- Cable reels