Local sales contact
Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 197
A rugged, high performance single-pass multimode model with a typical insertion loss of 1.5 dB and capacity for several types of multimode fiber with speeds up to 1000 RPM.
The FO197 is a single-pass, multimode fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ). It is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of any type of optical signal across rotational interfaces.
The FO197 fiber optic rotary joint can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, providing a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
The FORJ can be assembled with pigtail lengths tailored to the customer’s application or installed with connector bushings (ST or FC). Housing, mounting flange and drive features can also be customized to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Provides rotary coupling for a multimode fiber link
- Passive bidirectional device
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Alternative drive coupling and mounting arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replacement
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Stainless steel, aluminum or anodized aluminum housing
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810D functional shock (40 g)
- Remote I/O in industrial machinery
- Video surveillance systems
- Material handling systems
- Sensor platforms
- Indexing tables
- Cable reels