Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 242
This multi-pass, singlemode FORJs provide high bandwidthtransfer of optical signals on up to six separate singlemode optical fibres.
The FO242 is a multi-pass, singlemode fibre optic rotary joint (FORJ). It is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of optical signals across a rotational interface on 2 to 6 separate singlemode optical fibres.
The FO242 can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings giving a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer.
Other options include fluid-filling for pressure compensation permitting operation at any ocean depth, and the combination of the FO190 to include up to 19 multimode passes.
- 2 to 6 singlemode channels
- Can be combined with our electrical slips, fluid unions and the FO190 multimode fiber optic rotary joint
- Alternative drive coupling arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Tested to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa) when fluid-filled
- Stainless steel and aluminum construction
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replacement
- Rugged design (MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration and MIL-STD-810D functional shock (40 g))
- Remotely operated vehicles
- Floating production systems
- Undersea telemetry
- Seismic streamers
- Radar antennas
- Cable reels