Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 291
The FO291 is a multi-pass, singlemode fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ). It is passive and bidirectional, and allows the transfer of optical signals across a rotational interface on 2 to 9 separate singlemode optical fibers.
The FO291 can be combined with our electrical and / or fluid slip rings, giving a single, compact package for optical signals, electrical power and fluid transfer, with ISO 9000 quality.
Other options include fluid-filling for pressure compensation permitting operation at any ocean depth, and the combination of the model 190 to include up to a total of 19 multimode passes.
- 2 to 9 singlemode channels
- Can be combined with our electrical slip rings, fluid rotary unions and the model 190 multimode fiber optic rotary joint
- Alternative drive coupling arrangements are available (consult factory for specification details)
- Tested to 10,000 psi (69,000 kPa) when fluid-filled
- Aluminum and stainless steel construction
- Connectorized interfaces, for easy fiber cable replace-ment
- Rugged design
- MIL-STD-167-1 ship vibration
- MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40g)
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Can be combined with our electrical slips and fluid unions
- Long life
- Remotely operated vehicles
- Floating production systems
- Undersea telemetry
- Seismic streamers
- Radar antennas
- Cable reels