The Optical FACT is a key enabling cable termination technology developed to extend the operational depth, and significantly increase the reliability of cable terminations. The FACT approach to cable termination eliminates cable dependent design limitations and common mode/single point failures. The major design elements used are based on fully qualified and field-proven sealing technologies, and draws upon ODI’s extensive experience in cable termination. The FACT system is compatible with most existing subsea cables.
It is ideally suited for a multitude of umbilical termination applications. The FACT penetrator assemblies have been designed with modularity in mind and may be used with ancillary accessories to adapt to a wide array of interfaces. A combination of up to six FACT penetrators and/or jumper assemblies, optical connectors can be accommodated in the standard dielectric filled pressure-balanced splice canister. A single entry/exit dielectric fluid-filled pressure-balanced splice canister is also available; either a jumper assembly or connector may be fitted to the splice canister. Robust fiber management ensures the safety of the 250 or 900 micron fiber within the termination and splice canisters.
- Optical field assembled subsea cable terminations for subsea applications that accommodate a maximum of 8 circuits
- Can accommodate a wide range of armored and non-armored cables, and fiber tube diameters
- Up to 6 FACT penetrators and/or jumper assemblies can be accommodated
- Modular design adapts to a wide array of interfaces
- Robust fiber management ensures the safety of the 250 or 900 micron fiber within the termination and splice canisters.
- The major FACT design elements are based on fully qualified and field proven sealing technologies.