490 Data Acquisition System
The Model 490 is a miniature, ruggedized, health monitoring and data logging system. When installed as an option in any of the Model 400 series swivels, it provides real-time access to diagnostic information as well as data storage for offloading at a later time. The Model 490 logs readings from a variety of on-board sensors for parameters such as temperature, relative humidity, acceleration (3-axis), ambient light level, rotations and speed. Add-on sensors for capability expansion are also available.
Diagnostic readings may be accessed via a RS-422/485 serial link in real time by using Focal Graphical User Interface (GUI) software, based on the Microsoft® .NET Framework, or by using a customer’s own software configured to read Focal’s serial ASCII protocol or Modbus ASCII format.
All 400 series products are intended for use in Floating Production Systems (FPS). They are well suited for any application requiring a product that can withstand harsh marine conditions or require long life with minimal maintenance intervals. Designed and manufactured in our ISO 9001 facility under our project management system, products have a two year warranty and are provided with a complete document package.
All products can be modified to meet specific requirements. Installation, commissioning and service is available.
- Real-time health monitoring of temperature, relative humidity, shock, and other parameters
- Programmable data logging intervals
- Hierarchical data logging with statistical summaries to optimize use of on-board memory
- Turns counting for monitoring swivel rotation and life
- Small size and ruggedized electronics
- Open diagnostic protocol for customer development
- On-board real-time clock (RTC) with battery backup
- Sensor bus port for future expansion
- Diagnostic GUI software available for Windows-based PC