The EMO Nano-MUX has dramatically reduced the subsea form factor offered for video and data conversion to fibre. The nano subsea housing offers the ability to convert high definition video feeds as well as high speed gigabit Ethernet data within the most compact and lightweight form factor available to date.
The standard configuration for the nano mux offers two high bandwidth primary channels (HD-video or gigabit Ethernet) together with four supporting serial data channels. These additional serial channels can provide control of a camera’s pan-and-tilt utility as well as zoom and other lens control functions. Alternatively, the additional serial channels can be used to transmit other subsea sensor data within the single fibre optic signal.
Features and benefits
- Only 2.75” diameter (70 mm)
- Only 5 lbs weight in air (2.2 kg)
- Rugged design for extreme environmens
- Remotely operated vehicles (ROVs)
- Subsea ocean observatories
- Tidal energy installations
- Security, defence and industrial sensor applications
- Pipe/hull inspection robotics
- Fibre redundancy
- Optical diagnostics
- Power switching