MacArtney UK seeks: Machine Shop Technician
For the last 40 years, the MacArtney Group manufactured high-quality underwater technology products, fully integrated systems and innovative custom solutions, from design to installation, supported by training, service and local workshops.
MacArtneys UK office is the largest outside of HQ in Denmark and supplies products in connectivity, launch and recovery, and data acquisition for oil and gas related companies, ocean science institutes, marine renewable developers, navies, fisheries and others in the UK and Ireland.
As leaders in connectivity and integrated systems for harsh environments, we offer turnkey solutions to the most demanding subsea applications with a high level of electrical, optical and mechanical expertise and more than two decades of local experience and background.
We are looking for a Machine Shop Technician to join our MacArtney UK team. The ideal candidate will have an interest in working within a busy Machine Shop environment.
- Interpret drawings, planning and process sheets to carry out all machining operation
- Carrying out the Programming, setting and operation of a group of lathes (4) & milling type machines (3) (CNC and manual)
- Use the measuring instruments necessary for the production of workpieces to established standards
- Achieve the dimensional accuracy and surface finish required
- Recognise basic machining defects and appreciate the causes, apply remedies and take any required preventative action
We are seeking a self-motivated individual who can work within a busy team but also have the ability to work on their own initiative.
- Experience of operating HAAS CNC Milling machines and lathes, previous experience with HAAS Programming would be advantageous
- Experience of writing own programs and planning how own jobs are carried out is essential
- Knowledge of OneCNC Cad/Cam software would be beneficial, although not essential. (other Cad/Cam package knowledge would also be beneficial.)
- Experience of working to close tolerances
- Ability to understand and interpret mechanical drawings
- Awareness of health and safety regulations
MacArtney offers a Technicians role in a leading and well-consolidated international business currently in a growth phase. You can look forward to a positive and informal working environment with professional colleagues in a modern company and with excellent employment conditions.
The workplace is MacArtney UK, Howe Moss Avenue, Dyce, Aberdeenshire, AB21 0GP.
The position is full-time, and we wish to fill the vacancy as soon as possible.
Please send applications complete with detailed CV and letter of introduction to Pamela Corringham, UK HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.