MacArtney Denmark seeks: Procurement and Logistics Manager
Are you motivated by strategic procurement in a global organisation? Are you passionate about leading your employees and ensure our high-performance teams to reach our goals? If so, then this position might be just the right match for you!
We are looking for an experienced leader within procurement and logistics for a position in an exciting and international business, where you get the opportunity to challenge the current set up. You will be responsible for the Procurement & Logistics team, Shipping department and our Warehouse department that in all consist of 12 very competent colleagues. We have a busy and informal working environment, characterised by the delivery of products and solutions at a high technical level for customers all over the world. You will also be a member of the Operation Management Team, and you will report directly to our COO.
Your overall responsibilities will be the strategic procurement activities, such as price negotiations, contracts, bonus agreements, supplier evaluations etc. Within the Shipping department, the responsibility is to establish contracts with MacArtney transporters, ensure execution of all shipping activities related to import and export of goods to and from MacArtney. In the Warehouse the responsibility is the reception, including incoming control, storage, pick & pack and dispatch of the goods.
Areas of responsibility will also include:
- Lead your teams to ensure an efficient workflow and a pleasant working atmosphere at the same time
- Management and optimisation of the supplier portfolio
- The call-off of materials to the production sites in Esbjerg and Bur
- Update and maintenance of procurement master data for suppliers and item numbers such as prices, lead times, min/max, etc.
- Performance statistics inside Procurement & Logistics, Shipping and Warehouse
- Reporting of import and export figures to the Danish authorities
- Stock management of all stored parts, hereunder control of inventory and turns
- Oversee, maintain and develop daily administrative processes in Navision
You are an experienced leader who takes pride in walk-the-talk. You enjoy challenging the ‘as is’, and it is done smoothly with your excellent communications skills. You thrive in an informal, busy working environment and will contribute with a good sense of humour to the teams.
You have a proactive approach to your tasks, and you are used to working independently. Furthermore, you can prioritise your tasks and take pride in always completing tasks accurately.
You have a background profile that includes
- Bachelor or Master Degree within Supply Chain Management or other related educations/certificates
- Leadership experience with a significant performance record in driving and developing organisations
- Strong negotiation skills
- Results-driven with a constant focus on development, process and cost optimisation
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Practical experience from a similar position, preferably in an international company
- English at a high level, both written and spoken
- Profound skills in Excel and MS Office
An exciting position in an international company that is characterised by stable growth and grand ambitions – and which has the means and the will to turn employees ambitions into reality. We work to a high professional level, from concept to installation, where there is also room for you to develop through independent tasks with matching responsibility.
We look forward to receiving your application. Please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed and processed on an ongoing basis meaning the vacancy will remain open until a candidate is appointed.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact
The position is full-time and located at MacArtney A/S Headquarters in Hjerting, Esbjerg.
The MacArtney Group is a global supplier of underwater technology solutions specialising in the design, manufacture, sales and service of a wide range of solutions to onshore industry operators, subsea surveyors, the renewable energy sector, ocean science institutes, maritime civil engineering industries and navies across the world.
MacArtney is a privately owned corporation established in 1978 with group headquarters in Esbjerg (DK). The MacArtney Group also reside in Aberdeen (UK), Stavanger (NO), Mölnlycke (SE), Aix-en-Provence (FR), Rotterdam (NL), Kiel (DE), Bremen (DE), Italy (IT), Houston, Boston and San Diego (US), Victoria (CA), Dartmouth (CA), Santiago de Chile (CL), Perth (AU), Ningbo (CN) and Singapore (SG). Moreover, MacArtney operates an extensive network of 23 representatives and distributors spread across every continent. This way, MacArtney products are available locally - with global 24/7 support.