MERMAC eA - Robust and efficient all-electric LARS solutions
Incorporating known and trusted MacArtney technology, the new all-electric MERMAC eA-frame answers a market need for more eco-friendly products.
The new eco-friendly and cost-efficient MERMAC eA-frame features MacArtney’s tried and tested techno- logy. Energy efficiency is improved by more than 30% compared to hydraulic systems and zero pressurised oil over water, significantly reduces the risk of oil spillage.
A technology solution for tomorrow, designed and manufactured in Denmark with more than 40 years of MacArtney experience, the MERMAC eA-frame can be delivered as an integral part of a complete Launch and Recovery System or as a stand-alone A-Frame, providing excellent versatility. The all-electric system is fully customisable and can be designed to meet specific customer needs and technical specifications.
The robust design features an optional Emergency Recovery Mode capable of safe recovery even in the event of a drive malfunction.
The MERMAC eA-frame provides low cost of ownership through a design emphasising ease of maintenance. Spares are low weight, readily available and easy to replace. Furthermore, maintenance work is significantly reduced through the elimination of hydraulics. The electronic control system provides seamless operation and thus reduced wear and tear.
Installation and operational efficiency, facilitated by the elimination of hydraulics work, is further aided by Plug-and-Play installation and significantly reduces mobilisation time.
Integration possibilities with MacArtney electric winches provide options for converting a complete Launch and Recovery System to one-person handling.
The intelligent control system supports future upgrades and thus provides versatility and longevity within the market.
With a high degree of integrity and built-in redundancy, the MERMAC eA-frame reduces the risk of downtime and provides a forward-thinking, cost-effective solution.
Features and benefits
- Improved energy efficiency
- Zero pressurised oil over water
- Significantly reduced risk of oil spillage
- Plug-and-Play mobilisation
- Maintenance work reduced by up to 50%
- Cost-efficient spares with minimum lead times
- Actuation based on tried and tested technology
- Built-in actuation system redundancy
- Highly versatile and future proof
- Surpasses existing LARS key performance criteria
- Compact design increases workspace on skid
- Fully scalable design supports any payload
- Work, inspection and observation class ROV systems
- Towed vehicle and instrumentation platforms
- Oceanographic systems, sensors and equipment
- Seabed drilling and sampling systems
- Handling and support for subsea completion
- General marine instrumentation
- Docking head with rotation and dampening
- Latch and docking bullet feedback
- Integrated winch and A-frame control
- Automated launch and recovery
- Intelligent extension/retraction for hanger use
- Data logging for maintenance use
- Emergency Recovery Mode
- Universal remote access
- 690 VAC power supply
- Energy harvesting
- System certification to DNVGL-ST-0378
- Lifting certification to DNVGL-ST-E273
- NORSOK Z-015 compliance