Operator training programme
The winch operator training programme will enable the successful participant to operate the installed MacArtney winch. The participant will understand the capabilities of the winch and learn to make optimal use of the system. Finally, the programme serves as a prerequisite for operators who want to utilise the MacArtney hotline service package.
Scope of training
- Theoretical MacArtney winch operation training
- Practical operation of the MacArtney winch
- Maintenance of the MacArtney winch
The number of participants on the training programme is limited to 4-6.
The participants are required to hold
- Basic knowledge of marine winch operation
- Basic English language proficiency (written and oral)
Type of training
The type of training is divided between classroom sessions and hands-on training
Place of training
The training will take place at the physical location of the MacArtney winch. The winch must be accessible and fully operational.
Other training site requirements include
- Classroom suited for 6 people
- Projector or flat screen TV
Training schedule and duration
The training course will cover 1 day including hands-on operational training.