FPSO Swivel Model FO401-X/FO402-X
The FO401-X is a standardized Fiber Optic Rotary Joint (FORJ) configurable with any combination of multimode or singlemode channels up to a total of 52 passes. The FO401-X is designed to be integrated with Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) system swivels.
The FO402-X offers all the performance of the FO401-X plus the option of up to 48 low power signals, Ethernet, or similar. Both models can be fitted with a choice of incremental or absolute encoder options. The model FO401-X is just 37.43 inches [950 mm] long, while the FO402-X is marginally longer at 43.68 inches [1109 mm]. Refer to the outline drawing for diameters and other dimensions.
These models meet the increasing demands for optical and electrical signal transfer by the offshore oil industry. This design is type certified for hazardous area environments, resulting in reduced delivery times through shorter design customization and assembly durations.
- 316 stainless steel housing for corrosion resistance
- Hazardous area certified
- Maritime classification: D-4326 / D-4325
- Integral junction boxes, bottom entry only
- Standardized design can accommodate a variety of cable entry configurations
- Designed, manufactured, and tested in accordance with the highest quality standards
- Fully tested before shipment
- Environmentally sealed design allows for long-life in rugged installations and reduces maintenance costs
- On-site installation support