Fibre Optic Rotary Joint Model 310
The FO310 is a sealed single-pass fiber optic rotary joint (FORJ) which is factory configured to transfer optical signals over either singlemode or multimode fiber.
The FO310 supports both analog and digital optical signals, and is especially suited for sensitive single-pass optical sensing applications where optical insertion loss and back reflection must be minimized.
The FO310 FORJ has a stainless steel housing and is environmentally sealed to an ingress protection rating of IP67. It can be combined with
Moog electrical and / or fluid slip rings, providing a single, complete package for optical signals, electrical power, and fluid transfer over a rotating interface.
This FORJ is assembled with either bulkhead connectors or fiber pigtails and connectors to suit the application. Housing, mounting flange, and drive features can be customized to meet specific customer requirements.
- Passive bidirectional optical transmission
- Low optical insertion loss for common sensor wavelengths
- High return loss (i.e. low back reflection) available
- Provides rotary coupling for either a singlemode or multimode fiber link with the same footprintan be combined with Moog electrical slip rings and fluid unions
- Can be integrated into existing slip ring designs
- Rugged design with IP 67 rating, MIL-STD-167-1 Ships vibration and MIL-STD-810 functional shock (40g)
- Bulkhead connector and Pigtailed versions available
- Low back reflection and insertion losses allow for FORJ integration with very sensitive optical sensor measurement systems
- Environmentally sealed design allows for long-life in rugged installations and reduces maintenance costs
- Supports either singlemode or multimode fiber, allowing future upgrade without modifying the surrounding mechanical infrastructure